Garment by Rebecca Thomson, Manchester Metropolitan University
GWF (Graduate Fashion Week) is a forum that presents the best graduate fashion design talent in the UK. Every year over 50 of the top fashion and textile universities from the UK and overseas take part.
In this year’s Gala Awards hosted by Caryn Franklin there were lots of important names from the fashion industry such as Alberta Ferretti, Mark Eley, Zandra Rhodes and Dylan Jones that highlighted the importance of the event. Lots of talented students presented their work during the week (6-10th of June) and on the last day the 6 prizes were announced.
The winners are:
1. River Island Gold Award winner: Rebecca Thomson, Manchester Metropolitan University
2. Menswear Award winner: Thomas Crisp, Ravensbourne College of Design & Communication
3. Womenswear Award winner: Rhea Fields, Northbrook College
4. Zandra Rhodes Catwalk Textiles Award winner: Anna Lee, De Montfort University
5. BHM knitwear visionary knitwear award winner: Ledina Zhang, Northumbria University
6. International Award winner: Roya Hesam, Amsterdam Fashion Institute